Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"A Whirl Blast from Behind the Hill"


Wordsworth is talking about a thunder storm, he says that there was this great blast behind the hill that made everything in the woods silent. Wordsworth describes hailstones pattering the ground so it must be a pretty bad storm. Wordsworth describes the leaves that have fallen and how they don't move, then a man that seems to make everything dance By making music with his pipe. I think this poem is about Wordsworth getting in trouble, because in the poem it tells you that he was sitting in an undergrove. It sounds like he might be hiding from someone, like maybe his father is yelling at him. The father is the storm that makes everything go silent and still.The hailstones are his arge and terror, how wordsworth is feeling under all this tension. His mother is the one that brings life back into everybody and everything.The music is her calming the father down and showing him how he was wrong to yell. Soon everything is back to life and Wordsworth comes out of his undergrove to see what had happend to the storm. Wordswoth has this wAy with his poems that he just makes it so I can understand them more. He gets me on some poems,and I am totally wrong when I reflect them. I choose this poem,because it thought it was a crazy all mixed up and wild one, but it wasn't all that I had hoped for. I have come to find out that most of his poem that sound interesting are not that interesting but the ones that don't sound interesting are the best ones. Thats one thing I like about wordsworth is that his poems are creative and not always boring. He makes poems seem more than just writing and ryming, he makes itseem like a new world. In most of his poems you get to see the world how he sees it. I'm glad that I got Wordsworth as my poet, because it has been fun, all the poems aren't too bad some are really great and I think I wouldn't have had this much fun with any other poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment