Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Solitary Reaper

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/williamwor390543.html



As I was roaming the internet for good quotes I came across this one. "I listened, motionless and still; and, as I mounted up the hill, the music in my heart I bore, long after it was heard no more." I think this quote is something that applies to everybody's lives. I think what Wordsworth is trying to say by this is how goals are something that we strive for. When you’re trying to get up to the top of a mountain for instance and you struggle and struggle to climb and climb. You get to the top and there is that sigh of relief that you made it. You can’t seem to hear anything; vision goes blurry because all the blood has rushed to your head. That feeling of completion and that you’re on top of the world; that you’re unstoppable. For instance that same feeling you get when you take your driver’s test and you’re all nervous and adrenaline’s running because of the chance that you won’t pass. As you sit in that seat and turn the key there is a whole different feeling that comes upon you. The feeling and desire to want to fulfill your challenge. You know you know the material and how to pass it, but when you get in that position you tense up. Grabbing hold of that fear and that thought that you can’t do it, and pushing to strive to the top and succeed is something that is well worth it in the end. And then when you get that feeling that “wow, I actually did it”.  It’s an incredible feeling. Surreal I should say. I think this quote is an inspirational quote as well. I think that it’s also saying that “if you put your mind to it anything is possible”. I have grown up knowing that that is how things are done, to never give up. If something doesn’t work the first time, try and try again till you feel complete. Till you get to the top of the mountain and can breathe all that crisp air. Knowing that you did it as well as you are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment