Friday, December 31, 2010

Blogging Community

http://coleridgewjr.blogspot.com/

The title of this blog is "Coleridge Symbolism and Meanings." In the first post I read, "A Day Dream." I was really confused at first about what the whole poem was about until I looked it up, but once I did that I had a pretty good understanding of what he was trying to convey in the post. I wouldn't mind a little bit "more" of it though, as far as the deeper understanding of the poem because it seemed very quick. I really liked the post about Coleridges life and biography. I thought it was very interesting that he became addicted to opium, because that's just not what I would imagine someone of his line of work doing. The only thing I didn't like about the biography post was the random symbols and letters in it, which made it really hard to understand what the sentence was saying sometimes. I really liked the quote in the last post, i just wish it were a bit longer. The relation he made to independence in the worlds countries. The post that Wade had about "Common Sense" was really good, I liked how he put a different spin on it in his thoughts about what wisdom really is because I really haven't thought about it that way before. I also liked towards the end when he stated that Blake really doesn't make or say quotes that only scholars who have years of school under their belts are able to understand, but people from all walks of life are able to put their own spin on it and interpret it in a different way. Parts of this blog are really unclear and not totally backed up with a lot of thought so I wouldn't really call it a "great" resource if someone wanted to learn a lot about romanticism and one of it's greatest artists. I think this blog WOULD be good for someone to read if they wanted a light skim over who Coleridge is and what type of philosophies he had. It will teach them the way he came to be who he was as well as show them a couple examples of what he created in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment